Thursday 26 February 2009

All Shapes, All Sizes, For Always - The Maxi Dress


The Maxi Dress – I am so very glad that these dresses are still on the Catwalk. The maxi dress was rife on the Catwalk with the whole gladiator trend and although the dress quietened down it never quite left us. It was there on Gucci’s catwalk autumn/winter 08/09 and here it is again on numerous catwalks for spring /summer. The maxi dress, one of my favourites – I definitely say invest! I would Invest in a black or a nude colour (Alberta Ferretti’s one shouldered caramel/gold maxi dress is amazing). Maxi dresses in classic colours turns up the sophistication and glamour ten fold for an evening out. They elongate the body and make you look slim and long limbed. For those short in height I would recommend wearing Maxi dresses with huge wedged sandals as they can drown shorter people. I think these style dresses are best showing off as much skin up top, whether it be a strapless maxi, one shouldered, v or halter necked – too much skin coverage can look like the dress is wearing you instead of you wearing it – the key is to reveal the décolletage!
Sphere: Related Content

No comments: