Thursday 5 November 2009

I Heart Winter 09 - Deadly Serious Fashion

Marc Jacobs RTW a/w09

We finally say goodbye to Sicilia and summer holidays. Summer was all about being FABULOUS, this winter it's all about being SHARP. The sharper the better equipped you are for this season's approach to fashion, which i can only translate as 'Dressing to Kill!' It's time to get seriously fashion once again and right now, fashion is deadly serious!

In my Reccessionista Chic entry I advised fashionistas to stick to black for winter and although I wear black regardless, I was so thrilled when doing my catwalk research to find my favourite designers of the a/w 09/10 had dressed their models head to toe in black.

Black often is considered safe and boring, but true fashionistas will know the impact of black; sharp, timeless and instantly sexy, even if it is just a black t-shirt and black jeans – I love it!
For this season the only accessory you’ll need for your black outfit is lots and lots of sex appeal! How exciting!
Fashion seems to be taking a nostalgic reminiscent turn for women, taking us right back to the eighties – hard shoulders and cinched in waists. If you are not focusing on extending your shoulders then make it all about the legs this winter -it HAS to be one or the other! Throw your jeans out and get in with the tighter than a skinny jean fitting leg wear whether it be leggings,
tights or trousers and if not then....

Gucci and Roberto Cavalli have made THE boot of the season; the thigh high boot currently coined the ‘V Boot!’ The V standing for Vagina - the higher up the leg these boots go, the more of a fashion superstar you are!
In my opinion these are by far the most exciting item on the catwalk this season (next to a Marc Jacobs crimson red cape) and I have already begun my research into purchasing a pair. Winter dressing always excites me, but this is a special winter where women can be classy, sexy and most importantly empowered.

Gucci RTW a/w09
It's time to get serious, fashion lovers and there is nothing safe about this black...
Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

Andee Layne said...

those boots and shades are insane! I love your blog! please check out my fashion and lifestyle blog www.andeelayne.blogspot.com . Please follow mine as I will yours! xoox