Friday 16 January 2009

Shop for Now, Wear Forever

Spring/Summer 2009 - Vogue, Fashion TV, http://www.vogue.com/

The most exciting Vogue issues without a doubt has to be the last of the season (as it gives a slight insight into what to expect for the next season) and of course the ultimate – the turn of the new season! Here we are, 2009 with Spring/Summer trends in full swing. I know we haven’t quite got out of winter yet, but I stop my autumn/winter buying by the end of January and take a moment to prepare my spring/summer wardrobe. Vogue sits next to me, awaiting my study - I haven’t even managed to get past the 13th page of the Catwalk Report without being so overwhelmed that I had to scribe immediately.
The trend that I am leaning towards, which seems particularly prevalent this s/s 09 would be the nude colour pallet in shades such as beige, white, pale greys, light caramels, pale oranges and butter milk yellows – complimented with gold’s and bronzes on catwalks such as Ermanno Scervino (whose s/s 09 is one of my favourites so far, baring in mind I’ve only just started scouting trends). With my coming of age, my distinct love for and frequent travels to Sicily and my respect for the Italian classic, elegant style of dress; I have decided that this colour pallet is ideal for making a true investment in a woman’s collection of quality, ‘forever’ garments. Colours such as these are paramount to any summer wardrobe. Of course getting the style, dress shape and cut right also plays a major factor when buying key wardrobe pieces – particularly if spending a fair amount on the garments.

Let’s talk ‘forever’ dresses – Shapes and styles that I have noted on catwalks such as Bottega Veneta, Ermanno Scervino, BCBG Max Azaria, Alberta Ferretti and Vogue’s ‘Ultimate Catwalk Report’...Cont’d in– All Shapes, All Sizes, For Always x x
Sphere: Related Content

No comments: